Pages

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

World of Telco Part 2

So did we get a happy ending? Check the break down

Day 2. I got one the national providers to get a local provider on the phone. They actually came out to site and check the smart jack. No problems found. They then did some smoke and mirrors in telco world and cleared the loop. So now we don't see a loop but no circuit. We then looped from the smart jack back to the other site I knew was good before I came out here. UP/UP. Ran a loop from the the providers near me to my equipment across campus. Down/Down, but this time we we are getting AIS errors. More than likely the circuit has not been crosed, or it has been crossed 2 times and canceled out. No time to try to figure out who had a cross and who didn't. The guys in the demark room crossed it from the smart jack to the repeater. UP/UP. Removed the loop from the cloud back to the router UP/UP. OH YEAH!!!! Direct connection. After that turned on Crypto Maps, Up/DOWN to UP/UP. Setup OSPF UP/UP/FULL Came back to my hotel room.

I get to do this in another city after the holiday. FUN FUN FUN.

No comments:

Post a Comment