Pages

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Where have I been???

I haven't posted in a while, I've Been busy with work, life, girlfriend and CCIE studies. I haven't covered as much ground on the CCIE as I had hoped. This is a different beast. For study materials, I have used INE CCIE COD, CCIE written exam book and boson netsim, and I have Narbik gap from CCNP to CCIE lab book to work through as I need to back up some areas of my study with labs. I did put together a quick vid of my lab. My gear list will be below. I have some exciting projects coming up with work. My VOIP deployment was completed. It turned out to only be a small installation. There will be others completing the entire deployment. We have been doing a lot of multicast and QOS work in prep for video and VOIP service been deployed enterprise wide for a customer.

3 3725
3 2651xm
3 2610 Frame relay and BB routers
4 3550
1 MRV console server.

2 comments:

  1. I really need to get my weight up lol. Is that all you used for the CCNP? Do you have any suggestions for a CCNP (and CCNP:Security) lab?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I used 4 26XX routers(XM) models and 4 3550 switches and a frame switch. When I did the BSCI I really just used GNS3, only fired up the routers everyonce in a while. For Switching you can use a few 3550's. So if I was building out a lab now I would get 4 3725 and 4 3550's or I would get 2651xm models and the switches. Also you will need a frame switch and a box of cable and make your own patch cables. Or just use GNS3 and use rack rentals when you need to switching.

    ReplyDelete