Pages

Friday, July 23, 2010

IPV6 in 2010

As most of us already know IPV6 is here. I passed the BSCI with only a few basic IPV6 questions, I didn't even have to lab anything up. Now in the TSHOOT world you can expect a few labs from it.

So what have I been doing?


I have been following cisco's guides to setting up IPV6 in a few of the operating modes? I worked basic connectivity between 2 routers then moved onto some of the tunneling methods and just getting a general understanding of it all. Below is the link that I used to setup some tunnels over RIP/OSPF and BGP. It all works in GNS3. I will post a .net file if there is any interest.



It all works pretty simple. I think the biggest hurdle is getting understanding of how the addressing works. All of our favorite IGP's have showed up in new form so get use to them all. Not too many major changes, What I like is that you have to enable them on the interfaces now. This saves a ton of confusion I think.




So far so good. I imagine that I will have to spend a good week getting a decent understanding and then another few days of labbing and I will be good to go for this section of the Tshoot exam. There is a decent amount of IPV6 in the CCIE, so its either study now or study later

No comments:

Post a Comment