Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Welcome

This is another blog about the day and life of a cisco engineer.

Why the name Urban Cisco Engineer?

I happen to work in the Washington DC area and deal with a lot of urban networking issues/

Current job?

I work as a WAN engineer on a decent size network in the city.

My past?

Served several years in the navy as a fire controlman. I have no idea how I got into being a network engineer. Since the navy I did my time at the NOC and moved on quickly to what I consider to be a dream job and I'm loving 95 percent of the days.


What to expect here?


I will write about new technologies as I learn about them and my work towards certification goals. I usually learn something new everyday and even if its something I should know at this level when the light bulb starts going crazy its a since of understanding and being able to apply that knowledge and I hope to share those experiences with you.



Current Projects

I'm currently doing the usual network engineer stuff. Turning up sites, invesitgating problems and providing Tier 3 support for the NOC. I do have a huge voip project cooking up and we already have 2 sites up. I hope to share some of the up's and downs with you.




Current certification goals



Finishing up my TSHOOT exam which will make me a CCNP.

No comments:

Post a Comment