Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Network Platitudes

So what am I talking about???

By definition platitude means "a flat, dull, or trite remark, especially one uttered as if it were fresh or profound"

We hear these all the time like "this can't go down again" "when is this going to be back up?" These statements are part of my usual day, but I want to take some time to explore them. On one end I have a angry customer who is experiencing some sort of disruption to there day, and me on the other end trying to quickly solve there problem as I have many more waiting. This is my everyday life 99 percent of the time, but I hear these statements so much that I'm wondering why do they even say them.

Now if I was going into there network and firing off commands then something like the comments above make perfect since, but when they just called and thats the 1st thing I hear out there mouth and the last time I touched there network was months ago I get a little puzzled by it. This is something I have no answer for and I actually plan on getting some answers soon. One of my customers is a good friend of mine and he's even said these things before. Next time we are drinking beer I plan on us getting a good laugh out of this and bringing back some answers for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment