Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Network platitudes part 2

Today I was chatting with a friend and I was discussing yesterdays post, and I was told that my post makes since from the eyes of a engineer, but what about the customer?  As a customer when I call support I feel there is no urgency to fix my problem, or that you want to keep me tied to paying for service.  When we loose our means to communicate with our customers or do our work, customers loose confidence, and will look to spend there hard earned dollars elsewhere.

I agree with this 100 percent, but how do we get to a situation when we can collaborate to solve the problem.  I had a post a while about about the 5W's some time ago.  Those should be the main thing that a support representatives ask, and the answers that a customer should provide.  That way we can get the ball rolling and get your problem solved so we can move on to the next.  We have several more we have to get to, so our day never ends.  One another note is it possible that all of us that work in support are just being a baby about this and we should just let it rub off?  Or when we speak to support personal we feel they are below us?  These are other thoughts that crossed my mind as I worked through talking about working support, dealing with customer service, and still feeling good at the end of the day for all your hard work.  I'm going to keep digging further and this may take a life of its own into something else...

2 comments:

  1. Interested on reading your next post on this. From my little experience so far in the network world it seems as if there are any issues at all usually it's considered critical due to the nature of what networking is at it's core, allowing people to communicate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading my bad grammer, I'm working to get a editor to clean this up, but I want to get my thoughts out before my mind flies somewhere else.

    ReplyDelete